THE STORY OF THE MINNEAPOLIS ITALIANS (1870 – 2016)
Sunday, June 12, 11:00 am – ?
Our Lady of Mt.Carmel Church
701 Fillmore St. N. E.
Free = open to the public!
Events & Attractions include:
A special Slide Presentation & Talk/Discussion
A view 1942 film of Mt. Carmel Festa & Street Procession with 100’s of Parishioners! (Find Your Relatives Among Them!)
Bring some stories to share, and your old photographs and news-clippings.
Some topics in the presentation:
- 1819 – 1899 early immigrants: Washington Av., Nicollet Island
- Moving from east bank of the Mississippi to Maple Hill
- Sicilian fruit peddlers, Calabresi gardeners on north side
- Cumberland connection ● The 2 Italian Mt. Carmel churches
- Margaret Barry House ● Organizations ● South Minneapolis
- Leaving Little Italy ● Carrying On Traditions
Festa Italiana MN is a non-profit, all-volunteer group, that focuses on preserving and celebrating our Italian heritage. For information call: 651-765-1813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org